9/13/2010

Malifaux- Victorias

Good gravy, between my computer dying, taking care of a newborn, and work suddenly needing me 7 days a week I haven't had much time to do anything. Luckily, I managed to sneak in a few hours of painting and finishing a few Outcast models before Life grabbed my attention.

Edit: I need to make a light box. These dark pictures look like crap.













Starting off for today will be my Outcast crew leaders, The Victoria twins.  I am loving their ability to Yo-Yo around the battlefield, the diverse look of the crew, and their ability to kick in the teeth of anyone they manage to come into contact with.
Sure their lack of a soul stone cache and expensive nature limits them a bit. It doesn't stop them from being fun to play.

I started with the Gun/Sword Victoria first. After seeing some Ronin models using white as a main color, I knew this Vic had to be painted in a similar fashion. Something about the clean cut look and simple design just looks good to me.
I'm tempted to try painting some sort of filigree design on the edge of her cloak, but I'm afraid that it may ruin the simple look she has going for her.




Painting the thin black lines for the red edging was a lot harder to do than I expected. Keeping a steady thin line is not fun to do. Her hair was based white and slowly washed in Baal Red citadel wash. It turned out alright, but not nearly as good as I had hoped.






When I decided to paint the other twin, I had to go with an opposing color scheme. Where the first had white as a main color with red as a secondary, this one had to be mainly red with a bit of white.

In my head it looked a lot better, but in reality Dual Blade Vic seems to have become the X-mas warrior. Good thing the Outcasts love their leather straps, it keeps the whole thing from being overwhelmed with X-mas cheer.


White based hair, washed with Badab Black and highlighted with more white turned out better than expected. I like the bright neon white hair, rather than a more muted platinum blonde.

I've been trying something new on my bladed weapons. Rather than using a metallic paint, I am basing them in a light gray, washing them black to darken them a bit, then highlighting a light gray to show light glinting off the handle.


 Apparently I'm really bad at showing light sources, but it turned out okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment