7/12/2010

Tis a sad sad day...

It's true, a sad, horrible day is upon us. A severe thunderstorm has shattered the once proud shell of my main hard drive. I ran to shut down all the computers in the house as the thunderstorm increased in severity, managed to shut off my wife's PC completely, and as my PC was in the middle of shutting down...our power went out. And so ended the life of my main hard drive.

I'm not even angry that I have to waste time reinstalling everything, hunting down obscure websites, updating old drivers etc. I'm upset that I've lost years of pictures, saved over the ages to revive nostalgia when it was needed. Pictures I told myself to back up, over and over and always put off for "another day".

*sigh*

Lesson learned God, lesson learned.

2 comments:

  1. did you try to use ubuntu to get the pictures? That's what I did when my comp died last year. Also I keep all my pictures not on my main hard drive now so if it goes I don't lose anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have the hard drive still, and it's a SATA hard drive instead of IDE one I have a piece of computer gear that might be able to help you get back the data. Just thought of it.

    ReplyDelete