9/23/2010

Malifaux- Misaki

I'm going to state up front that I don't like this model. Her character doesn't really interest me, I think the model is horrible, and over all I wish her stats were used on a better miniature. Too bad she's bundled with the Outcast boxset, otherwise I'd never have gotten her.
Sadly, I do own her, so I may as well paint her to complete my set. It also doesn't help that my pictures are so bad that they make it look glossy, blotchy, and overall hideous. I swear, on the grave of my ancestors, that I will build up a proper lightbox with WHITE lights!!!

Look at that face, her open mouth, blank dead stare. She looks like she's ready to receive a money shot against her will.
I like how her purple scarf thing turned out, the little pink bit I tossed in there helps it look slightly more unique, and her blue dress actually came out alright, if rather bland.
Green hair because she's asian and according to anime, all asian chicks have crazy hair colors.


Her halberd snapped off on me when I pulled her out of the baggy, it was REALLY flimsy for some reason, so I made the most out of what I had. The blade itself is pretty boring. I was tempted to try etching runes or japanese characters in the blade with my dremel, but I lost interest.
The rock base she's on is actually the only thing I'm happy with on this model. If you look closely, it actually looks like a rock. I'm proud of that.

Overall, once I find a suitable replacement, this model is being melted down and scattered across the 4 corners of the earth.

5 comments:

  1. Nice paint job, and LOL at the comment about her face! Exactly right, and I had never noticed that before. Wyrd want a story about Misaki, and I am trying to get a handle on her...but I won't borrow your exact phrase ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that you were the one who did the Dreamer fluff in the book and that was my favorite bit.
    I hope you can make Misaki a more interesting character, because I want to like her. I really do. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it! It was fun to write :)

    Looks like you've quite a Malifaux collection going. How are you finding Book 2? I tried Colette for the first time and her crew is very powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the most part, I'm liking the book a great deal. I'm not quite sure if the new models feel as thought out as book 1 does. It feels like there is a slight bump in power.
    I'm loving Kirai's quick spirits, built in dmg reduction, and ability to summon disposable allies.
    I'm looking forward to the Dreamer set along with Von Shill. They both seem to be a lot of fun to play.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was Kirai I tried Colette against, and Kirai didn't do too well - Colette can beat her for overall movement and certainly for wholesale redeployment, while being able to do enough damage not to worry about the Spirit reduction too much.

    I am sure the Kirai player will find a solution, but he was struggling in our game, especially with the Coryphee Duet.

    ReplyDelete