9/25/2010

Malifaux- Warpig

I never did mention in the blog, due to horrible life issues, but I actually won the Malifaux contest from The Gamer's Lounge. I'm really sorry for forgetting to post about it.  I have actually gotten the Gremlin Boxset, a Warhammer Fantasy book, and a indie mini from them. Thanks guys! I'm working on the whole crew to email you the finished pics.

Well the only one I'm started work on is The Warpig. I'm not really that knowledgeable about the Gremlins, as they seem a little too wacky for me, but that will change as it suddenly dawned on me. I currently live in Arkansas and everyone here goes "Hog Wild" for the Arkansas Razorbacks. The Gremlin crew is a bunch of Redneck, giant pig riding fools. How perfect does that make this crew for Arkansas I ask you?


Razorbacks are dark red with black hair running down the back from what the mascot pictures show. Basically all I really did was paint the pic in bright red, give it several badab wash layers to darken up the crevasses, and then go back over the high spots with more red to brighten up the highspots. The gremlin was painted what I can only assume is traditional Redneck garb. Bluejeans and a stained, white wifebeater shirt.


The whole model was actually very easy. The hardest part was making the thick black hair running down the back, recognizable as hair without killing all the detail. The gremlin was based in Catachan Green with a glaze of that Transparent Green ink. It brightened up the skin and still left plenty of dark green in the creases to make it look shaded.  Overall, tons of fun to paint. I can't wait to work on the other gremlins.

No comments:

Post a Comment