9/15/2010

Malifaux- Johan

I have been on a painting frenzy lately, at least by my standards. In about 2 weeks I have managed to finish my entire Outcast crew, excepting the Goblins. Now I just need to take some decent pictures and I'll be happy.

Well, next up is Johan. I haven't played with him much, mainly because I love Bishop in my list that I don't have enough points to stick Johan in my crew, but the man is a beast.  He's cheap, has a reliable Relic Hammer, a few interesting abilities, and gets better if you stick him in an Arcanist crew.


I decided to try something new with Johan. I based his cloak and leather bits in white, then just slowly built up a wash "paint job" 
His cloak is several layers of Badab Black wash, giving it a dark, yet not quite blackened leather look. It looks like really really aged leather.

His gloves and boots were layered with Devlan Mud. I really like the way they came out. They look shaded and highlighted all in one easy step.


Nothing really else to really say about him other than he was easier to paint up than expected. The thing I hate about painting black is trying to paint highlights that show up, but still look believable. The layered wash seems to have done the trick.

Thanks Painter Sarah from Dice like Thunder!

edit: I'm not sure why my pictures look like the mini's have a metal paint job. Bad lighting I suppose?

No comments:

Post a Comment