6/21/2010

Malifaux - Taelor and Convict Gunslinger

Worked on some of my Outcast models. I am loving how each character is different from the other. Since they are outcasts, I don't even have to try and keep a unifying color scheme. While that might end up looking chaotic on the tabletop, it makes for a more enjoyable painting experience.



I apologize for the crappy pictures. My apartments have terrible lighting, in the form of cheap room lamps, so either the pictures came out too dark, or way too bright from the flash. I swear, the models aren't glossy, shiny, etc.



Taelor was the first outcast I decided to work on. I like her pose, the arm looks wicked, and she is a beast in close combat. Melee expert, 3" range, massive damage and she can cut through armor= sweet sweet loving.






Still not sure how much I like her hair. I'm used to painting Space Marines and Tyranids, ahir just doesn't show up in those pictures. I wanted an orange/red color, and I guess I got what I wanted.







I painted the Convict Gunslinger on Father's Day after work. I'm not sure why, as I really don't like his sculpt, NEEDED to paint him. I stayed up all night thinking of paint schemes for him and I'm still not sure why. I do know that it made for a miserable day at work.




Never having painted a lot of models with skin showing, I think I'm doing fairly good. Gamesworkshop washes are miracle workers. I wanted a very dark, tanned look to him, and I think I hit the nail on the head.
The stripes were easier than expected and his leather bits turned out better than expected.



The biggest complaint I have with the model is that it is too plain. Even with all the scars and the ammo belt across his chest, he just seems too blah. It's part of the reason I painted criminal stripes on his pants. Definitely the reason I painted the MOM tattoo on his arm. It isn't as eligible as I'd like, but it's HARD to paint words that small.

No comments:

Post a Comment