6/21/2010

Malifaux - Battle Report 6/17/10



I have learned a lesson, make sure to write battle reports the same day you played the game otherwise you end up with bad memories and incomplete recollections about the whole thing.

Played a game against my friend Fletch. My Victorias versus his Ramos. I believe it was a 35pt game and we only played the mission objectives, no schemes. He had Slaughter and I had Reconnoiter.

His list was:
Ramos, Arachnid Swarm, Joss, Rusty Alyce, and an Brass Arachnid

I played:
Victorias (2), Bishop, Taelor, Johan, and Hamelin

The first turn went quick. Mainly I moved forward to engage him in melee combat. Fletch moved forward as well, but also created a new Arachnid. He also moved Ramos forward using Reactivate with that stupid brass spider.





2nd turn, I manage to slingshot my dual sword Victoria into melee with Joss. He was a priority, because I've seen the damage output he can do theoretically. Bishop charged Rusty Alyce to keep her from shooting her insane gun at people while Hamelin and Johan were just taking random potshots at people with spells and bullets.  Fletch mainly had Ramos blast my minions with electric death and had the spider swarm punch people in the face.


I end up killing Joss outright by the 3rd turn, but lose the dual sword Vic in return. Bishop keeps tying up Alyce, but never gets the suits I need to do anything fun, and Johan is moving up and still shooting the Swarm. Hamelin can't get a spell off to save his life and I leave Taelor behind for some strange insane reason.
Fletch does a lot of healing, reactivate shenanigans and shrugs off several blows with armor. I'm learning to hate Ramos. He's able to shrug off my range dmg while still dishing out electric death. I HATE HIS HEALING.

4th turn, I learn that Rusty Alyce hits like a F'ing truck in melee and range as she rips apart poor Bishop.  Hamelin starts causing people to dance and fails Obey and Johan finally makes it to melee.  Unfortunately he doesn't hit very well and desperately needs Taelor to back him up. Ramos heals, blasts people, and generally makes a nuisance of himself.
His electric shield thing ends up killing my other Vic.


Taelor FINALLY makes it into combat tying up Ramos and the stupid brass arachnid. Hamelin charges the arachnid because he can't get hurt from it, and generally the outcasts destroy the Arcanists. Unfortunately, because of Ramos's shield that killed Victoria and Johan dying to that stupid spider swarm, I only had 2 guys left. My mission being to capture 3-4 table quarters, with only 2 models means I get no points. Luckily, neither does he so we tie! Yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment