6/09/2010

Beginning of the end?

Never expected that I'd be making a blog, but I've been listening to a bunch of 40k podcasts lately, namely The Gamer's Lounge, and they mentioned that it is a good place to keep track of your progress as a painter and a great resource in checking out other people's works and stealing borrowing ideas from them.
I'm all up for getting better as a painter and possibly as a gamer (need to play games 1st), so here we go.


Starting off with some dual bonesword Warriors I've been converting in between work. I love the vision of dual wielding, giant bugs of death, so I had to have a few modeled, despite not actually being the best way to run them.
I wanted very large swords to represent their ability to kill enemies instantly, but was told it's very FF7'ish. Sadly I have to agree. Still looks decent though.

I still need to finish them up. My idea of the Tyranid is to make them into a cyborg, metallic, bug race.  I'm hoping to add weathering/rust effects to make them seem more battle worn and ancient.  Lots of washes to make them more dark and grimy, etc.  Waiting for a good day to just spend a day to work on learning how to master those effects.  No worries as I have lots of sleepless nights ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment