10/02/2010

Malifaux- Kirai

The new master for the Resurrectionist Faction, Kirai unique among them in that she raises spirits instead of zombies.  I've only played a few games with her, but so far she seems to be a great deal of fun. Overly complicated compared to the Vickies, but fun nonetheless.
I've been wanting to get at least one Master from every faction, but hated all the other Rez Masters. Luckily for me, she comes with a sexy asian theme to entice people like me.

A few of the things I've noticed is that most of her crew hit decently, but not overly so. They have average dmg per hit, but most of hits cut through armor. They have decent dmg reduction by being spirits, but have fairly low wounds.  They seem to be fairly balanced considering that they have the ability to summon more reinforcements as the fights get more heated and bloody.
Of course the only games I've played with them are against Ramos and Collette, construct heavy crews that refuse to turn into spirits when I need them to.

I like the green and gold color scheme I went with. It's a lot different than most of my color schemes I generally run with.  Unfortunately it seems a bit too much green on Kirai, yet looks great on Ikiryo. I just need to add a bit of gloss varnish or red enamel paint to the blood and it should look fairly "wet"
The decapitated head looks fairly decent as well. Dark bags under his eyes and no pupils makes him seem almost panic stricken before his untimely demise.

Just need to wait for my next bonus to buy the rest of her crew. I'm looking at around 4-6 Gaki, at least 4 more Seishin, and a couple Shikome to finish off my collection on her.







Oh! Here's an updated picture of Ikiryo. I reversed what I did with the hair. Originally I had based it white, purple washed most of the crevasses, and inked the extreme edges.
On a revisit, I inked the crevasses, purple washed the majority of the hair, then shaded the extreme edges with a light light pink. I think it turned out much better and less like a clown's hair.


2 comments:

  1. Looking very good. The green and gold works well.

    My first game vs Kirai was during the Beta, using Hoffman's rules. He is loaded with Constructs but also, sadly, with Armour, and Kirai's spirits cut right through it. That said, once the Spirits were grouped around my heavy hitters Hoffman's Open Circuit attack (3" pulse) tore the heart out their crew. Hoffman died to a Shikome the next Turn, but I am finding that the Spirits are pretty fragile to anything that can deal straight Wounds rather than Damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Kirai's spirits seem to be very fragile, especially if you aren't able to summon more from Living or undead bodies.
    Against magic weapons or spells they tend to evaporate.
    Only thing I've tried to do is sacrifice my injured spirits to Kirai so that she can evolve them into an uninjured and potentially more fearsome spirit. At the very least she can deny the kill to the opponent.
    Something your Kirai opponent can do against your Coletter crew to fight off that quick movement is using Datsue Ba and Shikome to Deny them movement. Onryo also have a nice ability to stop models from attacking spirits completely.
    Of course, none of that matters if we can't catch the speedy buggers.

    ReplyDelete